Hey everyone! This week is our first Derby City Run Club (DCRC) of the autumn! Anyone else got a case of CFD: Compulsive Fall Disorder? Symptoms include, but are not limited to:
– Pumpkin overdose, particularly in the form of lattes, beers, scones, muffins, breads, pancakes, cookies, donuts, soups, and/or candles;
– Distributing vía social media photographs of the above items prior to ingestion;
– Obsession with scarves, boots, hats, sweaters, and other season-specific clothing;
– Groupon purchases for pumpkin carving, corn mazes, apple orchard discounts, and hay rides;
– Partaking in any items listed here before the temperature has dipped below 70F.
..It’s okay, you are not alone: we definitely can’t wait to start running in cooler temperatures and less humidity. There are also some fun items on the horizon this fall for DCRC, including punch cards for our free t-shirt program, and some fun holiday themes and events. So for those of you who want to come out and run with us – and those of you who have already made it once or twice! – we still have the pictures to prove you were here.
In the meantime, go ahead pry this pumpkin latte out of my cold, dead, pumpkin-smeared hands.
Derby City Run Club – Louisville’s Run Club